Who We Are
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming, and unique public park and public art space located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. With its one-of-a-kind design and dynamic offerings and experiences, Little Island invites all New Yorkers to experience a public space that is designed to ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection. Little Island relies on its dedicated staff to deliver this experience and cultivate a public space that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
Employee Experience Associate
Little Island seeks an Employee Experience Associate to join the team. The Employee Experience department is the center of the organization’s HR, Recruitment, Onboarding, and Training workflows. This role is responsible for supporting the execution of all recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding of all employees, as well as supporting employee initiatives in service to building a welcoming and inclusive workplace. A successful Employee Experience Associate has experience in recruitment, is a strong project manager, and is an excellent written and verbal communicator. They possess the ability to gracefully balance the competing priorities of a fast-paced organization, seek to optimize the experience of all prospective and current Little Island employees, and champion hospitality and problem-solving in all aspects of their work. This role reports directly to the Assistant Manager of Recruitment and Training.
- Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
- Job Type:Exempt
- Schedule Expectations: Weekdays, with the flexibility to work some holidays or weekends as needed.
- Projected Start Date: Week of September 19th, 2022
- How to Apply: Follow the instructions below make a Submittable account and submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a recruiter and ambassador for Little Island, facilitating hiring processes independently and in partnership with the Assistant Manager of Recruitment and Training to ensure Little Island’s recruitment process remains accessible, welcoming, and efficient for all different types of employees
- Own the daily tasks related to the coordination of recruitment and onboarding of new employees, including posting roles on external websites, supporting interview coordination internally and externally, drafting emails to candidates, and coordinating the scheduling and facilitation of onboarding meetings and workshops
- Manage the inventory, check out and assignment processes for lockers and uniforms organization-wide, collaborating with other department Coordinators and Associates to ensure all team members have the items and information they need to succeed
- Produce staff events, experiences, and initiatives in partnership with the Employee Experience department
- Communicate often with incoming and outgoing staff, ensuring every interaction provides a positive employee experience and key information required for them to thrive
- Support the Assistant Manager of Recruitment and Training on the execution and tracking of all employee trainings and certifications to ensure we are building the skills and knowledge of our employees
- Support the execution of the Employee Experience budget, including researching, tracking, and projecting project costs for recruitment, workforce development and training initiatives, and employee events
- Other duties and tasks related to the Employee Experience department as assigned
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience working in recruitment, people operations, or a relevant field
- Fluency in a language other than English a plus
- Ability to work in US
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
Benefits and Perks
- 15 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Health Benefits: Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to free tickets at Little Island
Life at Little Island
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park multiple times a day, and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings, and events.
- All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies. Based on guidance from global and local health authorities, Little Island has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for all employees, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the start of employment.
- Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. In short, you are welcome here no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you look like. Our park is for everyone, and so is our workplace.